November 26, 2022

Saturday - Sunny in the morning, rainy later on


I slept in quite late this morning. It didn’t matter that much because we really didn’t have any plans. I got up around 11 and went to my computer. I was rather surprised when F asked if I was ready to go. “Go where?”I asked. We hadn’t even talked about going out. I then asked him if he’d perhaps check on his mother and see if she needed any food at the moment. 


He went downstairs and I got dressed.  He came back upstairs and then we decided to go. We as usual talked about where to go. I listed off many places that would be fine…he didn’t know which one to pick. Sigh. If I suggest it, I am fine with the place. Just pick the one YOU like.


We went out to the car and I had to go through the places again. We drove around for a few minutes, I’m not sure why, and then ended up at Kissa Marina. That was fine with me!  We went there and I had my usual, curry pasta. That’s pasta with curry on it. Simple but really nice. F had curry and rice, so we were both on the curry idea. 


Before we went into the restaurant, I suggested going out to Mikawa. I told F that we could get him something at Don Qihote and then I’d like to go over to the mall and go shopping for me. He was okay with that. 


After lunch, we drove out to Mikawa and first went to Don Qihote. They have moved a bunch of things around again in the store which makes it hard to find things! However, F did find the thing that he needed. We hit up the food section as well. I got some pasta sauces, and F got some cheap ramen, so that was good. Maybe.


We paid and left, drove over to the mall proper. F and I went in and after a quick washroom run, we went over to the large-sized ladies' clothing section. I grabbed a few things and went over to the changing room. There is a couch outside the changing rooms, so F could have a seat. There wasn’t anyone else trying on clothes so it wasn’t a problem. I tried on a lot of stuff. Some of it was nice, some of it was just too tight, and some of it wasn’t what I wanted. I ended up getting a pair of very warm fleecy pants to wear around the house and a nice blouse. It isn’t perfect, the cuffs of the sleeves are too tight so I’ll likely open them up and wear it like that. 


I wanted to go to the hundred yen shop in the mall so I asked F if he’d like to wait for me and have a drink in either Doutor or at Mr Donut in the food court. He chose Doutor so he had to walk down the mall with me. Of course, I’m fine with him coming with me, but I know that his knee was hurting a bit and he wasn’t feeling that great. He had worn a sweater in the mall and it was hot inside. 


I got him to find a table, bought him a drink, and then I headed off to the shop. For the most part, I behaved myself. I bought some plastic cups for Christmas, some gift tags that were in a William Morris pattern and…some silver lamé yarn. Yay. That’s what I wanted. I paid and then headed back to the coffee shop. 


I got myself a drink and sat down with F. We spent a bit of time on our phones and relaxing, and then decided to head back into Tsuruoka. I suggested getting a bento for K at the grocery store in Tsuruoka. F liked that idea.


We drove back to the city and went to the grocery store. I picked up some coffee/tea drink powders and F got his mum a bento for dinner. He also picked up something for her brunch tomorrow too, at my suggestion. 


We returned to the house, I took our stuff upstairs, and F chatted with his mother for a while. We decided to go out for our dinner so left quite quickly.


After a long time, we went to Youme Shokudo, the little restaurant near the main post office. We timed it rather well and had the restaurant mostly to ourselves. I had chicken steak and F had grilled mackerel. We were both quite pleased with our meals. They came in under 1000 yen per person, so that was good. We also got some coupons for next time. Woot.


We just came back to the house after dinner. I’m always a bit sad when we do that, but F asked me where I’d like to go and really there isn’t anywhere we can go around 8 pm. 


I had a quiet evening. I watched a little TV and watched a lot of YouTube. I worked on another ornament. I’ve made the pieces, now I have to join them. I hope it looks good when it is done.


I just got an email from my sister. She told me that an aged British relative had just died. I haven’t seen her in years and years and we weren’t close so it’s a little sad, but I’m not broken up about it or anything. 


So, that’s it for me. Not sure what we’ll get up to tomorrow. Come back later if you have time and find out. Until tomorrow…. 


 

No comments: