April 26, 2022

Tuesday - Cloudy and dark, torrential rain at night


I woke up this morning around 7:30 when F snapped on the bedroom lights. I wear an eye mask when I sleep as I’m very light sensitive, but the light still wakes me up. He’d misplaced his car keys again. Happily, he found them a few minutes later in his clothes from yesterday. 


Because I was woken up before I wanted to be, I’m afraid I ended up oversleeping. I didn’t mind too much though. I got up, dressed and went downstairs.  I came back upstairs for a few minutes, but just before 11am I went back downstairs and started on dinner. Today I made a ground meat stew and put it in my slow cooker. I had to do a bunch of veggies, and get them all cut up and that took a bit of time. I also had to brown the ground meat too. I finally got it all in my slow cooker and I left it to do its magic. 


I didn’t eat breakfast today and had a late lunch so I was a bit punchy this afternoon. Luckily, there was no one around! K had gone to the doctor with her daughter, so I had the house to myself for a while. I didn’t really take advantage of it though.


I watched a little bit of TV off the DVR and I made a start on my column. I’m not sure if I’ll be able to get it done in time, but I’ve at least started. In January I couldn’t even write a word.


F called quite late today to say he was on his way but would go to the car dealership first. They had fixed his car so he wanted to pick it up. I went downstairs and washed my day’s dishes and then set myself up for today’s dinner.


When F came back I told him that I would have dinner on the table soon, so he went upstairs to change. True to my word, dinner was on the table in minutes. 


We all seemed to like the stew, but no one but me had seconds of it. That was a little sad. Oh well, we’re going to have it for dinner tomorrow night too. 


I did the dishes, but since I had done all the cooking dishes earlier in the day, there wasn’t much to do. Yay for me. 


After dinner, F and I went to the grocery store and picked up a few groceries. They were having an 88 yen sale at the entrance, so F picked up a bunch of cup ramen for his mother I think.


We came back to the house and I watched some TV. F took a shower and then went to bed. He’s quite tired these days. 


I’m going off to bed soon too. Not sure what I’ll get up to tomorrow. Hopefully, I’ll write a little bit more of my column and then we’ll see. 


Come back later if you like and hear all about my day. Until tomorrow…. 

No comments: