October 26, 2020

Monday - Cloudy, rainy, overcast with a bit of sun here and there


Today was a different sort of day than I expected, but that’s mostly a good thing I think.


I got up at my usual time, I did my usual stuff, no big deal. I watched the news.  I heard the loudspeakers in the park making announcements during the day, quite frequently to be honest. I didn’t think much of it. When there’s a sporting event over there, we can hear it all the time. I was inside so I couldn’t hear them, and anyway, I wouldn’t be able to understand them!


I had a quiet day. I ate breakfast and then got sleep so I took a nap, no big deal. I got up a bit later, did a bit of sweeping and then grabbed my lunch. I had expected to hear from F if he wanted to go out tonight but he didn’t call me. Oh well.


I didn’t watch much TV today, just a music video compilation show from Britain. It came on early so I had recorded it. It had artists like Twiggy, Alvin Stardust and Rod Stewart on it, so I enjoyed the walk down memory lane. 


I also did a bit of work on my column. I listed up my favourite films and also my least favourite films…can you say Meow? There’s a hint!


F called around 5:30 and I asked him if he still wanted to go over to the new electronic shop. He said he did, so I got ready for going out. I also suggested getting bentos for us for dinner. I had food, but if I went out then came back and had to cook, dinner would be rather late. 


We jumped in the car and drove to the electronic shop. It wasn’t open yet. I have no idea why it wasn’t open since F said it would be, but….Anyway, we picked up bentos at a place nearby and took them back to the house. We ate and enjoyed our food. As usual, I got to clean everything up. I didn’t really enjoy that, but it had to be done. I also got to clean the stove, which ticked me off. Someone cooks on the weekend and boils everything over and doesn’t wipe it up. Then, Muggins here gets to do it. Yay me. I podcasted during my clean up, did enjoy that.


Later, F and I looked up the dates on the internet. He’d used his phone yesterday and I think he’d accidentally looked at the Mikawa branch since there isn’t one in Tsuruoka at the moment! It might open at the end of the week, we’re not sure. It was typical F. Except, he’d tried to blame me for it and asked if I’d been the one to tell him that they were open today. Errrrr…..that would be a big no. 


Oh, and as we watched the news during dinner, we found out that a bear had been seen nearby in the morning. THAT was what the announcements on the loudspeakers were about!  I couldn’t understand them, K couldn’t hear them. Oh, we’re a right pair. Apparently, it had been seen on the main road near the park (about 100 meters away) and also around the shrine that’s nearby, maybe another 100 meters away. I went off there by myself last month. Oops. Shouldn’t do that for a bit I guess. 


I spent a quiet evening up in the room. I watched some YouTube and thought about my column rather a lot. I’m going to try and write more tomorrow. No, I AM going to write more tomorrow. In the words of Yoda, “Do or do not. There is no try.”


So, an unexpectedly eventful day. Even though I didn’t see the bear, it makes me want to stay inside even more! 


Come back later if you like and hear all about my Tuesday. Until tomorrow….

2 comments:

gn-in-Massachusetts said...

Oh, my - BEARS. I'm glad you didn't go out today.

The first summer I was in my house in Massachusetts I had a bear in my back yard in mid-July. He knocked over my bird feeder and was lying on his side casually feasting on sunflower seeds. Needless to say, the bird feeders got stowed in the garage the next day. So no feeding between mid-May and mid-November.

Maybe tomorrow the lions and tigers will come too, and you can sing along with Dorothy: Lions and tigers and bears - oh, my! (Wizard of Oz - but you knew that).

Your friend in MA.

Helen said...

As far as I know, it was just ONE bear, but that is one bear too many for me! In all seriousness though, a man was attacked by a bear in Tsuruoka earlier this month. He was working and the bear attacked him...I wonder if there was a problem with the bear? The bears in this area don't tend to be very big so I usually laugh when I see pictures of them, but I still wouldn't want to run into one in the dark or anytime really.

Tsuruoka is surrounded by mountains so I suppose it is to be expected.

You had quite a bear experience though too! Yikes!

Thanks for visiting :-D