November 26, 2019

Tuesday - Sunny but cool

I got up this morning around 8 but went back to bed to watch the news. I finally dragged myself out of bed and started on my day. I sorted out a bit of laundry and then took it downstairs and put it in the washer.

Today I got stuck into my Christmas Cards.  I printed some return address labels for myself and I wrote up 4 cards as well, so that was rather good. I have a few more cards to write as well. 

Sad to admit but I think I’ve put off the decluttering. I did make it up til Saturday and planned to catch up today, but getting rid of 60 things in one day would have been a bit much.  I do feel better about the things that went though. 

I made dinner again today. It was a simple one, but it worked out quite nicely. I did pasta with salad, smoked duck breast and a few green onions.  K seemed to like it and ate a lot.  I was thinking to save some of the duck for her lunch tomorrow but she ate it all. She ate more duck than either F or me!

For some reason, I was graced with doing all the clean up again.  It never fails but when there is a lot to do, I get to do it alone.  I listened to a podcast or two so that helped.  After I finished I was quite drained so I went upstairs and took a rest.

F came back and I made him take me out for coffee and groceries.  The coffee was the usual sit-across-from-me-and-ignore-me thing that is happening a bit too much lately. We left a few minutes before they closed.

At MaxValu I looked for something to make for dinner tomorrow. F was annoyed with me because I got upset that he chose salty salmon for dinner tomorrow. The dinner that he is going to make.  He knows I’m not supposed to have a lot of salt. I picked up some pork, thinking to do a garlic kind of dish, but he claims he can’t eat it.  Of course not.  I told him on Saturday night when he gorged himself on meat that he really shouldn’t have that much.  We’ve tentatively agreed on a compromise, he’ll do fish tomorrow, I’ll do the pork on Thursday. 

We came back to the house and put away the groceries. Then, we came upstairs.  Before dinner, F made a quick run to the post office and picked up the big parcel my sister had sent to him.  He was all set to open all the gifts now, but I recommended that he wait. I suggested if he desperately had to open something, that he open one now and keep the rest until Christmas Day.  He opened the two small ones but that’s okay! He was very happy to receive some maple candy and some Moose Droppings!

That’s about it for my day. Tomorrow I hope to do a few more Christmas cards and if the weather is okay, I might go to the post office and get them sent out. Fingers crossed about that. I also hope to work on sending out the ornaments I made for the ornament exchange.  I think they must be about dry now.  


Come back a bit later if you will and see what I get up to. Until tomorrow….

No comments: