October 26, 2019

Saturday - Rainy with the odd clear patch

I didn’t really get up this morning. Oh, I rose out of my bed just before 11, went downstairs and made a piece of toast for myself with apricot jam, and then came back upstairs to eat it. I then took my tablets and went back to bed! I slept until 2:30 or so.  F had talked about going to his doctor, so thought I’d go and get some cold medicine too. It would be cheaper than going to the drugstore, and it should be okay with the other medicine that I’m taking. 

We went and sat in the waiting room for a long time.  Finally, we were called into the back. F got to go in first, then me.  As always happens, when the doctor wanted to listen to my chest, the nurse tried to “help” me lift my shirt.  Today, I just told her not to touch me! Yay me.  It just drives me crazy, and the fact that she’s standing right behind me is a bit creepy too.  She did “help” me when he wanted to listen on my back, but I can live with that. I have to train the nurses not to touch me unnecessarily. 

We got our medicine across the street and then left in the car. I suggested going to Gusto for a very late lunch, and F was okay with that.  It was okay. I had their Gusto Burger which is one of those “cheese in burger” things they do.  I took one little bite of the burger and the amount of fat that came out of it was not good. I held it over my plate, and grease and the cheese all dripped out. One happy thing was F’s dish came with a bottle of vinegar, so my chips got vinegared.  It wasn’t a great meal, but it was okay. We also ordered a take-out bento for K because it was dinner time by now!

We went back to the house for a bit.  We had talked about going to the movie but weren’t sure if we would feel like it later or not. We’d missed the 6ish show, so we had to decide before the 8:30 show if we wanted to go.  We did.  

We made a stop at a drugstore for my moisture tissues, but they didn’t have the right brand.  We went to see Gemini Man tonight with Will Smith. It was…okay. Not as good as I hoped, but enjoyable enough.  I was hoping that since Ang Lee directed it there were be some interesting touches, but there weren’t many.

After the movie, we made one more attempt to find the right kind of tissues and then hit up a convenience store for a late meal. I got some pasta, F got a big bowl of ramen. 

We came back to the house and I ate, then took a shower.  And now, I’m at my computer talking to you. Can’t get more up to date than that, can you?

Anyway, I had no idea what we’ll get up to tomorrow. I’m still not feeling great, but the medicine has sort of slowed down the runny nose to a trickle. That helps quite a bit.


Come back later for another scintillating report on my nose-running and any other interesting news that is fit to report. Until tomorrow….

No comments: