June 23, 2019

Sunday - Sunny but overcast at times

I went to bed so late last night that it was almost light this morning.  Yikes.  I slept late and that was nice too. F got up this morning and got dressed…for work! He didn’t twig that it was Sunday until he looked at his cellphone to see the time. Tee hee.  

We had some nice time together this morning and then it was time to go and have lunch. We had asked K to come with us, but she’s been a bit sick this weekend and didn’t. We went to Kintaro Sushi and had a lovely meal after waiting a few minutes for seats. 

When we finished lunch I suggested going to a clothing shop to scope out things for my niece. Her birthday is in a couple of months, but mailing things takes time, so I’d rather look soon.  We went to a store and had a good look. Once I confirm sizes I might be able to get her a few new things.  F found something nice for her and we bought it. It wasn’t an item of clothing though.

We had a drink in Starbucks after this. I had a decaf soy latte, F had a frappuccino.  It was really hard to find a seat, I gave up and told F to find us a couple, and I’d wait in line for our drinks!  He did it. He asked a couple if we could sit in the chairs next to them, I’d never have been brave enough to do that. 

We picked up some groceries and a couple of things for K to eat. She didn’t eat much today, so I suggested things like a chawanmushi (a savoury egg custard). He got her things like raw fish on rice and some sweet mochi things.  To be fair, I think she did eat the chawanmushi and most of the fish on rice.  

We drove out to Mikawa. I was a tad upset because F knew I wanted to be early enough for shopping.  As it was, we were going to be rushed having dinner before our movie. We got upstairs to the movie theatre and were going to buy our tickets when we noticed this…..






Since the earthquake last week, the cinema has been closed as they are checking that it is safe! Oh my goodness.  Today I’d used Google to check the movie schedule and they hadn’t listed the cinema’s closure.  I’m a bit worried this is going to last for a while.

We regrouped. We had dinner together, we both had bibinba and it was nice, then walked along to Aeon and did a little window shopping for my niece. That’s all it was, I didn’t try anything on for myself. I did note a few nice pieces, so if my niece gets back to me about sizes I could take a trip out there and do some shopping.  

After a quick walk through the craft department, we decided to move on. I had suggested that F go to Don Quihote and look for a new emergency battery pack for his phone. His phone does not hold a charge anymore and he needs it for work. He’s hoping to replace it soon, but it is still a necessary thing for him.  He got one, plus we loaded up on some chocolate mint items! Yay.  We also got drinks for the drive back to Tsuruoka. 

We came back to the house and relaxed a bit. I took a shower and then F did, I watched The Mentalist and spent quality time on my computer.  I visited Ravelry tonight and found that they’ve made rather a political statement…they’ve banned anything supporting the US President.  I told F and then he subjected me to more of his crackpot theories about North and South Korea. 

And that’s it. Not going to write much more tonight. It was generally a really good day. I do hope that K is feeling better soon. It’s a bit strange not having her bop around the house like usual.  


Come back later on if you are so moved and see what happens on Monday. Until tomorrow….

No comments: