April 26, 2019

Friday - Rainy

I woke up again around 6 am this morning. Gah! F wasn’t sleeping and complained about his stomach hurting. Poor guy.  He snuggled up with me and I fell asleep again. When I woke up a bit later he was debating going to work or not. I reminded him that I wasn’t going to be around most of the day as I had lunch plans. He decided he’d go to work and then come back early if he could. 

I finally woke up to an empty room. He’d gone off to work. I snoozed longer then got up and grabbed my breakfast. I started the water pot for something to drink and watched ER.  I got dressed after the show and washed my dishes, then came back upstairs and dressed in the clothes I was going to wear out of the house.

Around 11:45 I said goodbye to K and then started walking to the bus stop. I had my little umbrella with me and had to use it. The rain wasn’t bad, but it was steady. At the bus stop, I waited for the bus. It was a couple of minutes late and I started to read the sign at the bus. It said there were no buses on Saturday, Sunday or between 4/27 and 5/3.  Panic! I had to check the date and it was okay. It was April 26 so I was safe. A few minutes later the bus appeared and I got on.  It wasn’t busy at all, and for all of the way from my stop to the bus terminal, there was only one other person on the bus.  I sat near the back of the bus, so the other person got off first. I was a little slow getting the money in the box and disembarking.  As I got on the sidewalk, I saw two things.  The man in front of me fell over a step and he had a white cane.  Oh no! He went down quite hard. Of course, I stopped and asked if he was okay, and he said he was. I felt really bad. I hadn’t seen his cane on the bus, or his face for that matter so I didn’t even shout a warning.  He got up and walked to a wall to sort himself out.  I did see him a couple of times in the mall later so I guess he really didn’t hurt himself. 

I did a little shopping in the mall and then I went over to the doors to wait for my friend.  She came and we went off to her apartment.  We had lunch together and lots of conversation!  Both of us never shut up I think.  A bit before 5 she drove me back to the mall and I called F to see if he’d like to come and meet me. I told him I’d be in Doutor and that’s where he found me.

When F left work today, he didn’t go back to his house, he spent time in a bookstore!  Silly guy.  We had our drink in Doutor and used the wifi.  We discussed dinner and I suggested either going to the grocery store for bentos or going to a bento shop. We decided on the grocery store first.  However, when we went there, there wasn’t too much on offer, so we ended up ordering them. Yay.  We even had time to go to the Gyomu Supa to pick up some foreign and some frozen food.  We paid and then grabbed our bento and came back to the house.

F went into the house first and took the groceries into the kitchen. I heard him exclaim quite loudly and I wondered what had happened  There was a bit of smoke in the kitchen and a really bad smell.  K had tried to make toast in the fish grill but had obviously forgotten about it. There was a bread sized piece of charcoal in there. The stove has an automatic cutoff when things like this happen, so it wasn’t worse, but it was quite silly of her.  There is a toaster oven which is much easier to see AND has a timer, I don’t know why she doesn’t use it. Maybe cause it is mine?

Anyway, we did have a nice dinner.  F and I did the few dishes afterwards and stayed upstairs. I watched a bit of TV, F snoozed and then got up for a bit. He’s sleeping again.

Tomorrow I’m not sure what we’ll get up to. We have a doctor’s visit in the morning and I hope to be able to see a movie in the evening.  There are a few movies that I’d like to see in Tsuruoka this week. I hope we can see a couple of them!

Come back later if you like and see how our Saturday goes.  Until tomorrow…. 

No comments: