November 26, 2018

Monday - Clear and sunny

A busy day.

I woke up first with F hovering above me saying that the bread maker hadn’t baked the bread yet. He had reset it for 11:30, so would I please take it out when it was finished?  I said I would and set an alarm for it.

I got up properly around 8 and watched the international news. It sucks, mostly. After some tea and my dose of NCIS I went did some laundry.  I hung it up in my room. 

I had a fairly quiet morning and afternoon. I did take out the bread and even sent F a picture of it.  After it had cooled a bit, I cut a few slices.

I spent the afternoon in my room doing stuff on my computer, then went downstairs around 5 to get started on dinner.  Yes, I was going to cook!

I made something from a Japanese roux called Cheese in Chicken (think it should have been the other way around but….) It turned out well. I made double the quantity because I like leftovers and not having to cook two nights in a row is a good thing! I added a couple of extras to the mix, mushrooms and broccoli and it all turned out well. I served it on rice and got great reviews. K told me a couple of times that it was delicious, so that was good! Of course, she might be really happy that it wasn’t a bento again!

F washed the few dishes there were, which was lovely of him, and I dried them.  We talked about going out. I hadn’t been out of the house all day, so really wanted to go. Since F’s neck was causing pain, I suggested going to the onsen. We did that.  

F took a bath and I stayed in the lobby and listened to podcasts and did a little crochet. I got an ornament started, but I may take part of it back. 

We came back to the house and came up to the room.  We had a quiet evening. I watched The Good Wife and F went to bed fairly early.  We didn’t get the fixed DVD player set up yet. Sigh. 

Anyway, that’s it for me. Tomorrow I’m hoping to do a bit of Postcrossing or maybe work on my next ornament. Come back later and see what goes on. Until tomorrow….

2 comments:

Rosa said...

Happy belated birthday to F! I'll bet it was nice to get away, even though it was only a quick jaunt.

Your dinner sounds lovely. How can you go wrong when cheese is involved?

Hard to believe that Christmas is just around the corner. I'm never prepared for it, though it sounds like you're getting some crafting done in time.

Helen said...

Thanks for visiting!

Exactly, cheese anything and I'm there! It was really nice though and it was good to have the extras I added...broccoli and cheese are amazing together.

I'm in a crafting ornament swap with a deadline next month, so I have to get it done! I've done the one I am giving away, but I think I might do a few more for Christmas presents as they are really nice!

It was nice to "get away" even though it was just in the city! It was a decent hotel, but a little small, sad to say.