October 26, 2018

Friday - Sunny and warm

A good day.

I slept most of the night last night, and only woke up when F started to make noise in the morning.  I took a washroom break and then came back to bed. I didn’t really sleep late today but I did stay in my PJ’s until 9:00am-ish.  

Today during the day, I did a couple of loads of laundry. I also folded and put away a bunch of stuff. I watched a few things on the TV or off the DVR, but the best thing today was An Affair to Remember with Cary Grant and Deborah Kerr.  It was wonderful and I was a tad verklempt at the end. 

I did a video chat with a friend in another prefecture this afternoon. It was quite fun as we hadn’t chatted in ages.  

When F called I suggested that he buy his mother a bento and then we’d go out. I wanted to go to the Internet Cafe so that was good too.  F suggested a restaurant I’m not a huge fan of it but I said it was fine.  It was actually.  F had keisendon and I had a chicken cutlet.  It was good.  

We drove over to the Internet Computer tried to get chairs. However, there was only one empty chair tonight, so we decided to pass.  Instead of going home, F suggested going to the new Komeda Coffee for some drinks and wifi.  That’s what we did.  

After an hour or so in the coffee shop, we drove back to the house.  I took a shower and had a hairy, scary little friend in the shower too.  That bug is no more.



And really that’s it.  It was a quiet but good day.  Tomorrow, who knows? Come back later if you dare and see what I get up to.  Until tomorrow….

4 comments:

Rosa said...

Yikes! Your shower visitor reminded me that I squashed a rather large black widow spider in our own bathroom a couple of nights ago. I hate to kill spiders (I usually just relocate them outside) but a black widow indoors is nothing to mess around with.

I've never seen An Affair to Remember. I know they did a remake not too long ago that didn't get great reviews. I may have to seek out the original.

Helen said...

Hey there! I added in a picture of the beast for everyone's pleasure/disgust! It was ugly.

I would get rid of black widow spiders too...if I wasn't too busy running away from them.

An Affair to Remember is wonderful. I was watching it and thinking how lovely it was that they weren't teenagers or in their twenties...it was a real love story. Do try and find it....I'd love to hear what you think of it. Sleepless in Seattle borrowed heavily from it, but honestly wasn't a patch on it.

Thanks for posting. I've missed you lately....

Rosa said...

Hi Helen,

I read every entry of your blog, of course! But I haven't posted comments in awhile since I've had my head down studying and such.

That creepy crawly in your shower is a super harmless little creature. I've caught and released a few in my time. They are scary looking though, I'll admit. The first time I saw one, I was pretty grossed out!

I think An Affair to Remember is on Netflix or Amazon. I need something that isn't Halloween horror these days, so I'm going to check it out.

Hope you don't get blown away by the crazy winds and rain in your town!

Helen said...

It's interesting that you said the critter was harmless! I looked it up finally and saw it's a house centipede, but when F looked at it he said it was a Mukade which I've always heard is poisonous and not a very good thing. Now I feel a bit guilty about killing it, but it didn't put up much of a fight....

I also always read your blog, sometimes don't have anything to add, so I don't!