June 23, 2018

Saturday - Cloudy and a bit muggy

A good, busy day.

This morning I woke up and checked my phone.  I’d had a message from my friend, saying that she wouldn’t make it to the park.  Although there were some other people who were going to be there, I didn’t really know them, so I decided not to go too.  

I got up around 9.  F did some cooking in the kitchen, made some udon I think for his mother and himself. I was invited to have some too, but I just couldn’t face it for breakfast.

We got dressed and around 10:40, F dropped me off at S-Mall.  He went off to the local cinema.  They were playing a film from India about wrestling and since F is an ex-wrestler, he wanted to see it.  If the film had been in English or had English subtitles, I would have gone of course, but it didn’t.  

I spent the next couple of hours in the mall.  It is very s-mall.  It especially felt that way since I’d spent a bit of time there already this week. There wasn’t much to see.  I only bought a couple of things at the hundred yen shop, so yay me.  I started out the day in the bakery though. I had a piece of focaccia and a rhubarb stick. That was good, but since they’d used rhubarb jam, it didn’t have the sour kick that I was hoping for.

I ended up my time in Doutors, drinking a soy tea latte and facebooking.  F finished his film and came to join me.  He was all happy and excited about seeing the film. I was pleased.  He had really enjoyed it.

We went off to get lunch.  Today we decided to go and buy sandwiches at one of the grocery stores. I think it was a good idea.  I got a camembert one, F got a fried fish one, and we got an assortment for his mother.  We drove back to the house and had a very late lunch (around 3 pm) with K.  She seemed okay with the sandwiches. 

After a few minutes, we headed out again.  F and I visited the Chido Museum.  They had just reopened a building.  They had moved it about a meter, which meant that they tore it down completely and then rebuilt it all.  We did the grand tour and quite enjoyed it.  We also visited our usual building and the garden.  

When we finished in the museum, we went to get some gas for the car and then decided that we could probably pick up some bento type stuff for dinner.  We ended up getting a pack of tempura, some fried fish, and some chicken namban. We drove back to the house and put heated up some of the food and had our dinner with K.  

We cleaned up, I changed my clothes and F and I headed out to the area where we go to look at fire-flies.  We got there really early so parked for a little and then F backed into the driveway of the area. It was a little freaky, to be honest.  We got out of the car and walked into the field.  It wasn’t dark yet and we were a bit early.  Other people came by too.  We didn’t see any fireflies until after 8 pm.  We only saw a few, but they are such interesting creatures.  

We drove back to Tsuruoka and came back to the house.  I took a shower and then F did after a while.  I watched Blindspot and really enjoyed it. It was focussing on the brainy character for a change and there was a scene that they set up to look like The Breakfast Club. I thought it was cute!

It’s really late now so I should run.  I’ve been listening to Internet radio for a bit.  I had a sea waves station on and that was fabulous. It was relaxing. Now I’ve got some ambient music on and it is okay.  


Tomorrow I’m not sure exactly what’s going to happen. There is another film at the cinema that we both want to see, and F might have to take his mother to the onsen in the morning.  Come back later on and see what I get up to. Until tomorrow….

No comments: