November 26, 2014

Wednesday - Rainy

A good day.

I got up a few minutes later than I meant to and went through to watch X-Files.  I went on my computer fairly early too today.  I watched my next show from the couch and had breakfast there today.  I missed my yogurt and cereal while I was away.

I had a fairly quiet but busy day.  I did some laundry, I watched Jamie Oliver, I watched Nigella, basically the same old stuff!  I even scanned some cards, although I didn’t take them to the post office as the weather was bad.

I was supposed to make an apple crumble tonight, but we didn’t have any brown sugar, so I didn’t do it.  I did start dinner prep before F came home though.  When he arrived he volunteered to go out again for the sugar and some cream too.  Yay.

I quickly finished the veggie prep for the fajitas, then switched over to the apples.  I peeled and cut up 3 apples, then when F returned with the shopping, I made the crumble.  I set the apple crumble aside until after dinner.  Yes, I could have baked it while I was cooking dinner, but it would have been really hot for F to sit next to.  

Dinner was great.  The fajitas were nice. I like using chicken as it is lighter.  We don’t like green pepper, so I used mushrooms instead and that was good too.  Everything was cooked and on the table in a short time.

F did the dishes and then when he was out of the way I baked the crumble.  I’d had to take some of the apples out as they were close to the top. I baked them a little later in my muffin pan with a bit of topping. I put 3 of them into a container for F to take over to his mother in the morning.  

When the apple crumble was done, F whipped the cream and then we had some crumble and cream.  Yum.  Hurray, long time, no apple crumble.  

We had a quiet evening in really.  I went over to the couch and did some sewing on my Christmas project and watched CSI.  


I didn’t go out today, so I have asked F to take my cards to the mailbox tomorrow.  He said he would, so that’s a good thing.  I’m not sure what I’m going to do with myself tomorrow, hopefully prepare for Sunday’s trip or check my Christmas goodies for my family.  Come back tomorrow to find out!  Night.

No comments: