April 26, 2011

Tuesday - Sunny then cloudy. Finally, rainy at night.

An okay day. I got up at a reasonable time. I went to bed a little earlier than I have been last night and so was able to get up quite early.

I had a quiet morning and early afternoon, and around 1 pm I cooked my lunch, ate, washed dishes and headed off. I got to my school a bit after 2 and was in high gear to get the school ready when my cell phone rang. My student was calling to say she was sick and couldn’t come today. Sigh. I commiserated with her and then finished my prep.

Since I had some extra time today I decided to do my financial paperwork for the year. I’d really let it slide for a while and thought I’d at least get started on it. I wasn’t sure that I could do it all in the time I had, so I set my timer for an hour and got to work. It wasn’t that bad after all, and I managed to bring everything up to date (well, within this month anyway) in less than an hour. Woot.

I read a few newspapers and then got ready for my next student. She came, but she had to leave very soon after her arrival. Hmm. She had a meeting with someone. We chatted, set up her schedule for next month and picked a new reader for her.

In my next bit of free time I read more of the newspapers and had a snack. I considered going to the store, but talked myself out of it. I could have made it, but was worried about getting rained on.

My last student of the day came on time and we had a good class. We chatted about weddings a bit. There’s quite a big difference between North American weddings and Japanese ones.
After her class I finished up my paperwork and then called my husband to see if he was in a better mood than last night. Thankfully he was, so he came to get me.

We had a cheap and cheerful dinner at New York, New York and then came home. I wanted to watch Mrs. Brown. It’s one of those movies that I planned to see, but it came out the year I moved to Japan and I didn’t get the chance until now. It was good. Billy Connolly was very good as the man who brought Queen Victoria out of her deep mourning. Judi Dench was as wonderful as always as Queen Victoria. Cool film.

And that’s about it. F went to bed almost as soon as we came home, but I’m still up. I’m not sure what I’m going to do tomorrow, but hopefully it’ll involve writing my movie column. With Golden Week coming up I won’t have time to sit and write it as my hubby will no doubt be dragging me all over the place. Sigh! Night.

No comments: