June 23, 2009 - Tuesday

Cloudy, then nice and sunny in the afternoon.

Mostly a good day, and then it got too much. I'll fill you in.

I got up and watched news and crocheted two rows in the morning. Yay. I showered, did my usual stuff. No big deal. I did find out that a friend of mine (a non-blogging friend in Japan) lost her father today. It was expected, but of course a sad occasion for my friend.

I went off to work and had a heck of a time getting everything set up in time. I managed, but only just. I did a bit of cleaning in the school, although I didn't vacuum. My first student was fine and we had a great class. Ditto the second student an hour later.

Afterwards I really took a long time getting ready to come home. I had a mound of dishes to wash at the school, but I did them. Then I called F. He picked me up, we bought a few extra groceries, then came home.

At home, I wanted to check my email to see if I'd heard from my friend. I hadn't then. I had a bunch of email which I didn't have time to read either. I tried to run the travel plans that I had tentatively planned by him (Very complicated by the way) and he didn't like them. So, I told him that I couldn't do it then.

We had yakiniku for dinner. F had spent the evening making nameru which is a kind of Korean pickle that we get with yakiniku and it was really nice. With the meat we had zucchini, onion and cabbage. I did the dishes after dinner and we settled in to watch American Idol. It was fun tonight and almost the right people left. Almost.

Anyway, I'm feeling a little stressed right now. I have to finish my column, book our trip to Canada and pack for the weekend. I hope I get some of this done tomorrow. Got to go. Night.

No comments: