April 26, 2009 - Sunday

Rainy all day.

I slept in and when I got up we had a nice cup of coffee and then decided to go out for lunch. I suggested the new restaurant New York, New York. It's opened in the old M's Dining building. The restaurant has a rice bar, a soup bar, a salad bar and a drink bar. It got a bit crowded, especially at lunch time when we were there. The food was quite good, so I imagine we'll be back sometimes.

Fumihiko hit me with his weird plan at the restaurant. He wanted to go driving to some of the foot onsens in the area. They're places where you just soak your feet. They're free, and public. I asked if he could just drop me off at home but he said no. We drove around to see one. He wanted to go to the first one, but he parked quite far away and it was raining. I didn't have a towel (although he said there were some in the car). I just wasn't in the mood. I said he could go for a bit and I'd wait in the car. He was a bit mad and drove off. I don't know what he was thinking. I have NEVER given any indication that I'd like to visit one of those places. Heck, I don't even like regular onsens very much.

We went to another small town and drove past their foot onsen. There was no where to park so we just kept going. We went on to a coffee shop and had a tea and some waffles. That was a nice break. After that, we went shopping for furniture. We didn't buy anything, but I've been thinking of getting new chairs for my school. Especially for me. The one I have now is very noisy and isn't as supportive as I'd like.

We came home for a bit and vegged. I finished my novel Timeline. I really enjoyed it. I'm glad that it was my first incoming bookmooch!

We had dinner in the tonkatsu restaurant that Fumihiko likes. It was good. For some reason I was so hungry when we went there, I had seconds on the soup and cabbage.

We came home via the grocery store where we only bought two things, then came home. I wanted to watch The Mist and it was on WOWOW tonight. It was good. I thought it was quite scary and interesting. While I watched, I re-started my crochet from the hospital. I didn't like the hook I'd been using. Everything was really rigid. I'm using a much larger hook and it has made a difference. Except, if the weather is okay tomorrow, I'm going to go and get a slightly smaller hook. I like the tension now, but I think the gauge is way off. A hook that's a little smaller will help I think.

Fumihiko went to bed as soon as the film finished and I am doing my lovely blog. I'm going to sleep soon, I'm quite tired! Night.

2 comments:

Orchid64 said...

I read Timeline a long time ago and really liked it. I was really disappointed in the movie that was made from it because it was so generic and blah.

Regarding the foot onsen thing, I don't understand why Fumihiko didn't drop you off at home when you expressed no interest rather than drag you along and get irritated when you didn't want to go in. It just seems like he was more interested in forcing you to go along with what he wanted than actually having the experience at the onsen. Perhaps I'm misunderstanding the situation, but that's the way it seems.

Helen said...

I saw Timeline when it came out and enjoyed it because I like both Billy Connolly and Gerard Butler. I had heard from many sources that the book was better though.

We have friends visiting soon and I think Fumihiko was thinking that we should find something interesting for them to see. However, the weather was horrible yesterday, and I just didn't feel like it. He probably thought that I'd get more interested when we got to the places. He also thinks it would be good for my sciatica, but I'm not so sure about that!

Thanks for commenting. :-)