June 23, 2008 - Monday

Hot, cloudy and a little humid.

A pretty good day today. I didn't oversleep, surprised myself with that! There wasn't any news on though. I got up, spent time on my computer and then showered, the usual stuff. I also watched Saturday's TV programs. I enjoyed them. CSI: New York was especially interesting as two of the characters have just started a relationship. Aww!

I was supposed to go to the bank today and pay a bill, but I didn't go. I was going to, but I realized that I wouldn't make it to the bank on time as I'd left it too late to leave. Instead, what I did was eat the last of my nice bread, then went outside. I pumped up my bicycle's tires and also gave my bike a bit of a cleaning. It was getting quite dusty and dingy. While I did that, I saw a baby praying mantis on my tire. I tried to photograph it, but it hid itself away, underneath where I couldn't see it. After I put my bike away, I did a bit of weeding in the un-flower bed under our apartment window. If I don't it starts to look really bad.

I went back in the apartment and waited for Fumihiko to come home. He was on time tonight, between 5:30 and 6:00pm. He did a bunch of stuff for the apartment building before deciding to go out for dinner.

Tonight I suggested going to Moundon for Korean food, so that's what we did. We had chichimi...which is a bit like a pancake crossed with a pizza, bul-go-gi...meat and veggies wrapped in lettuce leaves, and ji-ji-me, some kind of chewy noodle dish. Everything was really good. I especially liked the chichimi tonight.

We bought a few groceries to come home with tonight. Tomorrow we're going to have yakiniku and veggies. I found an inexpensive local zucchini, so we'll have that and some Shonai eggplant. Yum.

I watched (or tried to watch) Miss Marple on NHK tonight, but Fumihiko was running around like a headless chicken and driving me crazy. It was hard to get in the mood of the "drawing room" type of movie when there's a daft man running around looking for something very loudly.

Later, when Fumihiko took his bath, I channel surfed and found a really interesting documentary about the Alberta Tar Sands and what's going on with them. It's funny, I remember some of the players rather well. I threw something at the TV when Ralph Klein made a brief appearance. They talked about how Alberta is not dealing with the oil boom as well as other areas have. It makes me sad really. The documentary was interesting in that it showed places that I've been: St. John's, Newfoundland; Stavanger, Norway; and of course, Edmonton! Fumihiko started making loud remarks during the show and I politely asked him to stop!

Anyway, that's about it for me. I should try to get to bed a little earlier tonight. It's hot, but I've decided to open the windows in my bedroom a little. If the air doesn't move at all, it gets so stuffy that I can't sleep. Wish me luck. Night night.

No comments: