April 18, 2019

Thursday - Sunny and gorgeous.

I got up this morning but I didn’t really want to! Bed was lovely and warm and I didn’t feel like a walk in the park. However, I did it anyway!

I took a small bottle of water with me and tried to pace myself a bit better today. I didn’t listen to music which was okay, but I found I still walked a bit too fast.  I kept slowing myself down. I didn’t do a full circuit today, I just wasn’t in the right headspace.




I came back to the house and got on with my day. I changed, sorted some laundry, had breakfast and put laundry in the washing machine. I really had a quiet day. One thing I did in the afternoon was watch a movie I’d recorded from WOWOW - The Florida Project. It was brilliant. It was about a little girl, probably 7 or 8 years old and her mother, who wasn’t that old. The mother was a single mother and they obviously lived hand to mouth. They stayed in a hotel and over the course of the film the mother became more and more desperate for money. The little girl had a great time of things, however. It probably doesn’t sound that great when I describe it, but as Gene Siskel used to say, there’s a big difference in films about an 8-year-old and a movie for an 8-year-old. He didn’t use that specific age, that was my ad-lib on it. And, it could have been Roger that said it…I can’t remember! Oh, and Willem Dafoe was nominated for Best Supporting Actor in the film, deservedly I might add.

F actually called me before he came back from work. I was quite surprised. He said he didn’t want to think about dinner—okay, so I suggested a bento for his mother and we’d go and see the cherry blossoms tonight. 

When he came to the house, we talked for a bit and then headed out. We went to the local grocery store and picked up some stuff for the house. We delivered a bento to K and then we went out.  We were able to park at City Hall and then walked over to the park. The night was lovely and the cherry blossoms are out in their glory. As usual, F wouldn’t buy any of the food on offer, so as usual, I wonder why he makes me walk through the stalls!



We took a few pictures here and there and then went back to the car and drove to Sashimiya for dinner.  We both had donburi bowls. F had kaisen-don and I had negitoro-ikura don.  It was nice! 

We came back to the house after our meal.  F took a shower and had a snack, I took a shower and watched a little telly. 

That’s really about it for our day. I’m feeling really cold, even though it is 20 degrees in our room.  I think I’ll get myself off to bed right away then!


Come back later if you like and see how Friday goes. Until tomorrow….

No comments: