October 19, 2017

Thursday - Cold and cloudy

A good day.  

This morning I woke up as F was getting ready to leave.  I said a sleepy bye to him and then ended up getting up anyway.  

I had a quiet morning really.  I had some tea and watched a bit of telly, then went down and gave K some breakfast.  There was a bit of a glitch as her water pot didn’t have enough water, so she had to wait for her tea.  I did the dishes again and then came upstairs.

Upstairs I decided that I was going to go for a walk.  I put on my current workout gear and a jacket and then headed out.  I went over to the park and did quite a bit of walking really.  I went around the course one and a half times, going a little further than last time.  It was nice actually.  There weren’t a ton of people there, but it wasn’t deserted.  One not so great part was a festival was being set up and the workers didn’t seem to care about the walking course.  Boo!

I had started a load of laundry before I left the apartment, so I went back to the house just before it was due to finish.  I hung some of it up in the garage, grabbed the dry stuff up there, and then came back to the house.

After a while, I was just going to start getting into my lesson plan, when I heard some bumping and thumping downstairs.  K sounded a bit like she was on the warpath.  I eventually went down for my lunch, but she didn’t acknowledge me at all. I know she’s deaf, but she actually came into the kitchen when I was there and ignored me.  She was cleaning, maybe she wanted me to help?  However, I had lesson plans that I had to make so I couldn’t.  

What I did do was eat my lunch and then I vacuumed our room up here and the staircase.  It’s really hard to do the stairs as the cord doesn’t reach all the way up or down them.  I think it’s a little dangerous, to be honest.  

Oh, and while I was trying to plug in the vacuum cleaner behind the couch, I found a bag from Jupiter…for those not in the know, it’s a famous import food store.  It had a Taco Kit, some gravy packets, some candy, a pasta lunch dish and a can of mushroom soup.  Unfortunately, the expiry dates on all of the food were 2003!  Yikes.  It must have fallen off the couch when we lived here before and wasn’t found.  Sigh.

I dispatched most of the stuff to the garbage.  I have to open the can of soup, so I’ll do that on Sunday night most likely.  

After the vacuuming, I dug in on the lesson planning.  I really had to do it.  I could just wing it, and might if I was their regular teacher, but I prefer to know what I’m doing when I walk into class!

F called around 4 to say he was still working and didn’t know when he’d finish.  I told him to relax because it was Thursday and I didn’t work today!

He made it home a little earlier today, and we had a nice reunion. We decided to go out to the shop and then pick up some guidon for all of us.  

And, that’s what we did.  We got a few things at the store and then came back to the house via the guidon shop.  

We all ate together and things seemed fine. It was nice not to have too much food tonight.  Sometimes when we go shopping we just get huge amounts.  Yuck.  

We had a quiet evening. I watched the first episode of This is Us, which was really great.  I am quite interested in it.  I watched something else too.

F and I both took our showers and then relaxed a bit more. I’m going to go off to bed soon as I am quite tired.  

Tomorrow I might do a bit more laundry, might go to the post office and will go to work!  Wish me luck with that.  Come back later if you feel like it and see how my day goes.  Until tomorrow….


No comments: