June 26, 2017

Monday - Cloudy and cold

A good day.

I woke up when F got up this morning, but went back to bed for a little longer.  I got up around 8 to watch the news and then a little after 9 I went down to prepare my breakfast.  While I was there, K asked if she could have some of my cereal too.  It was absolutely fine, so I made her a bowl of it too.  We ate together, and even had some tea too.  I did the dishes and then came upstairs again.

I took a bit of a nap, but got up and did a few things on my computer.  After 12:30, I went down to have lunch. I made some for K too.  She said she liked it but I was worried that it wasn’t what she was used to.  We each had half a bagel with chicken salad on it, plus some lettuce on the side.  Since it was cold, I thought that we should have some soup too, so gave us each an instant soup in a cup.  It went over rather well.  Whew!

I did the dishes again, and came upstairs.  This time I worked on my column and I think I have finished it.  Yay me! I’ll proof it tomorrow.

I walked along the road a little to buy a pop from a vending machine. It was nice to get out of the house for a bit.  I came back in, but K was going for a walk too!  

F came home and wanted to go out this evening, but then spent ages looking for our sheets.  When we finally went out we ended up at the Grand El Sun. I was surprised because it can be expensive at nights, and it was!  We shared an appetizer and had one dish each.  I had a very yummy pasta with  crab and mushroom in a cream sauce, F had balsamic chicken with rice.  

We finished the evening in an exciting tour of the grocery store where we picked up a few items for the house and K.  

We came back to the house, put the food away and then came upstairs.  F took a bath and I watched some TV.  When my show was over, I offered to let him watch something and he found August Rush, one of my favourite little films. We watched the end of it together. F had completely forgotten it!  I did a bit of crochet too.  I started using the second colour, and it looks very nice next to the other one.  

And that was it.  Tomorrow I have to polish my column and send it in, then write a birthday card and probably send that off to a friend.  I don’t know if I’ll be making meals tomorrow or not.  


Come back later and see what I get up to.  Until tomorrow….

No comments: