December 3, 2016

Saturday - Sunny and warm - Glorious day!

A good day.

I woke up this morning and took a quick shower.  I got dressed right away, and waited for F to come home to pick me up.  The problem was that he was taking his mother to the doctor first…and they took a long time.  He didn’t arrive home until after 11, but I was waiting for him so jumped in the car and off we went.

At the doctor’s office I did a little crochet (2.5 squares—yay me) and then we were off.  F suggested a place in Kushibiki for lunch and that was fine with me.  I had a stir-fry and added on soup, pickles and rice.  I gave F my rice because I didn’t want it at all. He had ramen with mabo-dofu.  

We came back into Tsuruoka proper then, went to S-Mall and bought my ticket for my trip to Yamagata next week.  After that, I treated us to a nice cuppa in Doutors.  We got some boxes at the hundred yen shop so I could mail a present to my BFF too.

The next thing we did was to come home.  We vegged and drank a bit of tea at home, and then F went off to check on his mother.  She has a cold right now and since she is a little elderly, needs a bit of checking on.

When F came home again, we drove off to Mikawa and had dinner in the pasta restaurant.  I had quite a nice dish, avocado and shrimp basil cream sauce pasta.  Yum.  F had mentaiko pasta and said it was good.

We did a little last minute shopping for my nephew and brother-in-law.  I’m not sure if they’ll like what we got, but we tried.  After that, we took the shopping to the car and went and bought our movie tickets.  

Tonight we saw Florence Foster Jenkins with Meryl Streep, Hugh Grant and Simon Helberg.  It was good.  We both enjoyed it.  Sadly, we were in a huge theatre and there were only 4 people at the show.  I don’t think our area is ready for this film! It was a funny movie, but sweet too.  

After the film, we drove home and relaxed.  I watched Project Runway, which was a lot of fun tonight.  It was the “Rainway” challenge.  They had the models walk down a went runway.  I think the dresses that won deserved to, and the one that lost almost deserved to.  


And that was my day more or less.  I’m not sure what I’ll get up on Sunday.  Come back later and find out! Until tomorrow….

No comments: