October 16, 2016

Sunday - Warm and Sunny

A good day.

I got up around 11 am today. It’s Sunday, my usual sleeping in day, so didn’t feel too bad about it at all. I got up and went on line for a few minutes.  

F wanted to go for lunch fairly soon, so I got dressed and off we went.  He wanted to take me off to Kushibiki, a suburb of Tsuruoka, so off we drove.  I was worried that he was going to take me to a horrible little place he took me once before, but he didn’t.  He took me to a nice place that he might have taken me before, but I couldn’t quite remember if I’d been there or not.  I had a meat-veggie stir-fry and it was good.  F had ramen with spicy tofu in it and he liked his too.  

After that, we did a little driving around.  We drove to Asahi Village and went to a road stop there.  I bought a zucchini and a spaghetti squash there.  Yay! After we left there, we went to another road stop a bit closer to home and went inside.  We looked around and they had spaghetti squash too, a bit cheaper than I got it for!  I didn’t buy one.  We did get persimmon ice cream, but honestly, it didn’t really taste like persimmon so we were a tad disappointed.

We thought about going fishing, but decided that it was too late in the day now to start, so just came home.  We relaxed for a while until it was time to think about dinner.

For dinner tonight, F suggested the place we originally wanted to go to last night.  Oh, yeah…last night I was so very tired. I don’t know if I wrote about the festival that we found when we got downtown! We sort of ignored it, but wished we’d known earlier about it.  We ended up going to the restaurant.  They use local produce and are fairly cheap and not too bad.  They also let you have as much rice and miso soup with your meal as you like.  I have very little rice, F has a lot so we’re both happy!

During our meal, I suggested to F that we go for coffee afterwards.  The only place that we could go locally was McDonalds!  We went, I had a cappuccino and F had a latte.  They weren’t bad drinks.  I have decided that Tsuruoka really needs a non-alcohol place for adults to go after 8:00pm.  There’s nowhere now.  
We bought our groceries for the next couple of days and saw that the grocery had tiny spaghetti squash!  They’ve never had them before.  I got a few things for the next couple of days worth of food, and something for my lunch too. 

We came home and watched an okay but not great Russell Crowe film (Fathers and Daughters) and then a really weird film with Rupert Grint (Ron from Harry Potter) and Ron Perlman.  F went to bed a little while ago, I’ll probably go to bed fairly soon tonight.  


I’m not really sure what I’ll get up to tomorrow.  I have a bit of a plan, but knowing me I’m not sure if I’ll get to it or not.  Come back and see just what I get up to.  Until tomorrow….

No comments: