September 17, 2016

Saturday - Cloudy and then rainy

A very nice day!

I went to bed rather late this morning, so when my alarms went off to day, I got up, checked my email and then went back to bed.  I woke up around 11 am and got up for good.  

F asked about lunch and I suggested a fish restaurant that he often suggests for us, so I think I made brownie points.  Yay.  And…this is huge…he asked me if he should cancel the free tour on our trip.  YES!  I said, "Yes, please!"

We had a lovely lunch and then we did a bit of running around.  My wallet that I have had for years fell apart a couple of days ago and I wanted to see if I could have it repaired.  It was expensive when I got it and it is more a case of the leather coming out of the frame than a rip or anything, so I think it can be fixed.  The first place F took me to said they couldn’t, the second place, a shop in the mall took it and said they’d check into it.  Of course, if the repair is too expensive I won’t do it, but basically the wallet looks like it is in good condition apart from this.  I’ve been stuffing too many shopper point cards in my wallet.  Sigh.  I bought F a drink at Doutor and we toured the hundred yen shop. 

We took a trip over to Yamada Denki to get an adapter plug for our trip and then we toodled over to Shimamura, a Japanese clothing store.  We spent a bit of time there and I tried on a lot of clothes.  Most fit fairly well (yay!) and I ended up getting a long cardigan, a long t-shirt dress and a short t-shirt/top thing.  All of them are in shades of grey…
We followed that up with a quick/not so quick trip to a hundred yen shop that we don’t go to very often.  A few things for the apartment and us were picked up there.  We also grabbed a few things to eat.

We drove home and had our snacks and then left again to go to the Night Bazaar on Sanno-Machi, near downtown.  It rained a bit on us so when we got there, people were starting to pack up and leave.  We looked around a little, bought a small pizza made by one of the area’s premiere restaurants.  That provided one of the few bad times of today.  F just would not stop somewhere and let me eat the damn pizza!  He kept trying to find a “place to sit” but honestly…I wanted my pizza hot! Finally, I pulled him off the road a little into a quiet area and said, “Now let’s eat!”  It was good, but would have been better if it was hotter.

After we walked the length of the road, the rain was stronger and people were leaving, and the tents were being packed up, so we left too.  I suggested going down main street and having something else to eat there.  F suggested yakiniku, so that’s what we did.

We went to a local place and had some really good meat.  He had a beer and I had oolong tea.  After an hour or so, we left for home.  We stopped into a convenience store for a washroom and some ice cream, then went on our merry way home.

We came home and had a quiet evening.  F has been watching all kinds of boring sports, but honestly, I don’t mind that much as I’m paying attention to my computer.


So, that was my day.  It was really good and I’m keeping my fingers crossed that the rest of the weekend is as good.  Come back later and find out what I get up to.  Until tomorrow….

No comments: