October 19, 2014


Sunday - Clear and sunny

An okay day.

I went to bed late last night and slept in quite late this morning too.  F plied me with his bread and it was nice, but I didn't really want any! 

He was muddling around with the bread and his computer for a while, so it was after 2:30 before we left to find lunch.  We didn't really have a destination in mind, but when we got near the road we saw that Grado was open today.  Their hours have been erratic lately, so we took the chance and went in.  We had a nice meal, F had pasta, I had beef stew.  After most of the lunch crowd had left the waitress came over and told us that the restaurant is closing.  No!  It's been our place for the 6 years it has been open.  She said it was due to staffing problems.  Their main chef quit and then the replacement chef has health problems or something.  They still have a restaurant, but it's further away from our apartment and it doesn't have parking.  Sigh.

After lunch we came home again.  F left soon after to take his mother the bread he baked and I spent time on my computer.  He came back and then took a nap. 

I woke him up around 6 and we went out for dinner.  I suggested the Japanese restaurant we went to last weekend. We had a nice meal, but it was rather smoky today.  

After dinner we drove around a little as it was too early to go to the theatre.  When we did, we bought our tickets and went to see Her.  I liked it, more for what it didn't say than for what it did.  I am not sure if I've ever seen a Spike Jonze film before.  

We came home after buying groceries and then watched a bit of telly.  It turned into a good day after all.  Hurray!  That's it for me.  Night.

No comments: