December 14, 2012

Friday - Rainy but warmer

A good day.

I got up early this morning and tried some of F’s bread.  It was fab!  He’d tried the recipe for French bread and it was perfect.  Soft inside, hard crust…yummy. 

I showered and did a few things to get ready for work.  I left the apartment at 2 and made good time to the school. I did stop on the way to make a deposit, but discovered that the bank machine wouldn’t accept coins.  That was a bummer.

At school I got things ready and then waited for my student.  She was early as usual.  We had a good class and tried to discuss a few things.  It gets a little difficult as her level is low, but her willingness to try is good.  After class, I quickly finished up.

F called me before he finished work and said he’d be along soon. He was a few minutes later than he thought, but no problem.  He picked me up and then brought me home.  He had packed most of his stuff, but he had to change and get ready for his party.  He has his Bonnenkai tonight.  He went off to his party.  

 I had a quiet evening in. I enjoyed myself immensely.  I watched the TV I wanted to, and even watched an episode of Brisco County, Jr.  Only one more DVD to go and then I’ll be done.  Sigh.  I made a persimmon crumble, which was more work than I planned, but turned out okay.  I think I used too much brown sugar in the topping.  The persimmon is rich and so is the topping, so it is a bit of overkill.  After it was in the oven baking away, I started my dinner.  

Tonight I had penne pasta with chicken and basil sauce.  It was very nice.  I forgot about the salad until I was close to finished, but ate it anyway.  

I did a lot of dishes and then did a few postcards up for Postcrossing.  I can send more, but might not have time for a while.  

And that’s about it.  I’m quite tired and it is very late.  F will show up tomorrow morning, no doubt all bright eyed and bushy tailed and I’ll be a zombie!  Talk to you tomorrow night?  Night!

No comments: