April 18, 2012

Wednesday - Sunny and warm

A good day today. I got up on time which surprised me, but yay. I went through to the living room and watched a bit of TV, had lunch eventually, did some laundry and did a lot of little things.

I went out around 4 tonight. I had planned to go to the mall but left it a little late so I went to McDonalds. I had a drink and as soon as I sat down, a gaggle of school girls who really should have known better gave me the ”Haroo-haroo” treatment. I just looked at them and shook my head. They tried it for a couple more minutes before something more interesting came along.

I came home around 5 pm and then F was home a little bit later. I watched Project Runway and while it was on, F made himself some ramen. That really bothered me because he sat down to eat at the end of the program. We could have just gone out immediately. I had to work out if he was still hungry or not. Still Hungry.

We went to Kappa Sushi for a quick and cheerful dinner. Some of the sushi was good, others not so great, but it was okay. We bought groceries after dinner. F is going to make shabu-shabu tomorrow. He doesn’t really have to make too much as we bought a lot of prepared items for it. Yay.

We had a fairly quiet evening in. I “booked” the TV at 9 for One Tree Hill and also at 11 for Private Practice. For the last show I sat on the couch and did some crochet. It was nice.

Really, that was most of my day. I prepped the garbage for F to take out tomorrow, finished up a Postcrossing that I’m sending out, and that’s about it. It was a good day really. Night!

6 comments:

Nakamuras on Saipan said...

Don't you hate that Harroo treatment? I get that once in a while and I usually go right up to the group of kids and start talking to them! that freaks them out and they tone down! I sent 5 post cards out on Monday so I hope they arrive soon! I bought the "nice" stamps and then spent 15 minutes gluing them on on the post cards. I'm spoiled by the ready to stick stamps we had in Saipan (USA)! I bought extra stamps so I can to the whole gluing thing at home! I'm excited to see if I get any cards!

Anonymous said...

oops...I think I just posted a comment from an old blog identity,sorry!

Helen said...

Connie, you did, but it's okay!

Some of the stamps here are the peel and stick kind. Some of them are the ones with Disney characters on them and some anime characters. There are others too. I've bought myself a sponge to put on the others now!

I might have gone over to talk to the kids but I was in McDonalds and I really just wanted to relax and read my journal.

Good on you for sending your cards out...I hope they get there soon! You won't receive anything until after they arrive, so expect 3 weeks or more...(if they're early, you'll be happily surprised!)

Thanks for visiting!

Anonymous said...

NOTE: I just got an email that my first sent card arrived, yay! Then I got another one saying she receiver made it a favorite. I was happy about that because I really tried to get a card she would like! Thanks again for posting about it-I would have never known about Postcrossings!

Helen said...

Great! Congratulations....I'm glad that you are enjoying it. I think it's fun.

There are a few people who don't say thank you, but overall, most people are quite positive.

Anonymous said...

lol...aye...my typos! Sorry! working on lesson planning and my brain was fogged!