March 20, 2012

Tuesday - Cold and a bit snowy

Woke up this morning to a couple of cm of snow, so I decided to go back to sleep! It was still there when I woke up, but was a bit more slushy.

I got up, but F was already up.  He was watching TV and watching YouTube on his computer so I did some computer stuff and then went back to bed.  I was a bit annoyed that I couldn’t watch what I wanted to watch, so decided to get more sleep. I got up a couple of hours later and then he decided to watch DieHard 2 which is the lame one.  We went out for lunch instead.

Lunch today was at Komagi, a local farmer’s market kind of place. It was a buffet and not too bad.  It wasn’t too good either, but some of the dishes were fine and we were able to have food we could both eat.  

After lunch we went to get some kerosene and then dropped it off at home.  I changed my shoes and we went over to the Chido Museum to look at the Hina Dolls.  They were quite interesting, but a lady came over and started explaining to F all about them. He wasn’t that interested as he’d heard it all the day before from another lady.  He’d gone there as part of his work.  We went to the gallery building as well.  It was okay.  This visit to the museum I got smart.  I wore a face mask!  I always end up getting an allergy attack after I visit the museum, and I think that wearing the mask helped me.  

We had a yummy cup of hot cocoa in the Museum’s coffee shop before coming home.

At home we vegged for a bit and then we both wrote a postcard for Postcrossings.  Overachiever that I am, I wrote two.  We wrote, photographed and uploaded them, and then went out for dinner.  

We actually negotiated a little bit tonight.  F wanted a Chinese restaurant, but he usually just has ramen there.  That means if I want any sort of a balanced meal I have to order 2 or more dishes for myself.  What we did was order 4 dishes and shared them. Hurray!  No ramen!   I enjoyed most of the food, but we both agreed that F’s last dish, a roasted pork was a miss.  It was very fatty and sweet.  Not a great combo.

We drove around after dinner looking for a mailbox.  After we found one, we mailed our cards, then did a quick grocery shop.  Then, F drove me out to Yutagawa, where he’s going to be tomorrow night.  Yep, he has an overnight party.  

I watched quite a bit of TV tonight and didn’t really care if F approved or not!  I’m so mean.  Still, my TV was better than his.  Trust me.

And that’s it.  Tomorrow I don’t have any firm plans but I’ll be enjoying myself by myself.  Hurray.  Talk to you then.  Night!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Burrr....you still have snow? It's getting nice here. I was out in the garden and actually got a bit of a sunburn on my face! What is Postcrossings? It sounds interesting. I would have loved to see pictures of the museum! But then again I'm thinking that maybe they don't allow pictures to be taken in the building! Have a good day!

Helen said...

Yep, still have snow. There was a cm or so this morning when I got up as well. There are lots in the fields around the city.

Postcrossings is a postcard exchange site. I really enjoy it. You register and request an address. They send you the profile and address of someone somewhere in the world and you send them a postcard. That's it. After your card arrives, someone somewhere in the world sends you a postcard. I have received some amazing cards from all over the world. The website is Postcrossing.com My husband does it too.

No pictures of inside the museum unfortunately, but the Hina Dolls were all quite old. I liked them a lot. So much character in some of the faces!

Thanks for visiting again! :-)

Perogyo said...

Overachiever indeed! I love your Postcrossing posts.

If his tv was in Japanese, you win. ;)

Helen said...

Yay! I'm glad you like them! When your children are a little older it might be fun for them to do. Quite a few families do Postcrossing.

And, his wasn't just Japanese TV, it was Japanese Infomercials! ACK!

Thanks for visiting :-)