December 14, 2011

Wednesday - warm and sunny, then rainy at night

A good day.

I got up early this morning and didn’t watch TV or rather, I did. I didn’t watch the repeat of Grey’s, I chose to watch Rebel without a Cause instead. It was on another channel. I’ve seen it before, but not for a few years. It’s so melodramatic, but it had flashes of brilliance. I’m on the fence about James Dean, but there was a certain je ne sais quois about him.

I got an invitation to go for lunch from my husband, but I turned him down. I was quite busy. I did a couple of loads of laundry today and then wrote some Christmas cards for in Japan. After that, I took the cards, plus my nephew’s birthday card and a postcard to the post office. It started to rain lightly just as I left the apartment so I hurried! I made it in time. I even picked up a few nengajo so I’ll have something to do on Friday night!

I watched the last part of Mildred Pierce that I had taped on Friday night/morning. It was good, but I was expecting more. Kate Winslet was as wonderful as always though.

F came home and after a bit I started to get dinner ready. We had a chicken nabe tonight and it was quite good. We bought everything, didn’t have to prep anything really, except I cut the tofu, does that count? It was quite delicious and then F put some udon in the leftover broth and cooked them. All in all, a nice meal.

We popped out for a few minutes in the evening. I set the heater at my school and then we bought some groceries. Not many as I couldn’t think of anything to cook! I got an avocado that wasn’t as over-ripe as the store usually has, and on sale too. Woot.

I watched Grey’s Anatomy and did a little crochet. I have now finished my latest shawl, but I have a lot of ends to darn in, then I have to try to block it. It might grow a bit! It does look very nice, but I’m not sure of the colour for me now that it’s done. It’s an orangy-peachy thing and I rarely wear that colour. Still, I’ll give it a try. I worked so long on the thing I want it to be used!

Basically, that’s it for my day. Tomorrow I have an early class so I have to work a little faster in the morning. Got to go. Night!

No comments: