October 19, 2011

Wednesday - Hot and sunny in Niigata, cool in Tsuruoka

A good day, that didn’t start out that way. F and I had a bit of a spat this morning in the hotel. He got up when my alarm went off and took a half hour bath. At no point did he even mention he was going to take a bath rather than a shower. He didn’t even ask if I needed to use the washroom before he hogged it for all that time. Men. When I took my shower I told him to go and have the free breakfast but he wouldn’t leave the room without me. He’d rather sulk because I wouldn’t go for a crap free breakfast with him.

After we checked out we drove to the meeting place and found it quickly, then spent an hour looking for a place to have coffee. Some of it I completely understand as we needed a place with parking, but, honestly??? Finally I suggested going to the Art Museum, which had a coffee shop. We each had a lovely cup of Royal Milk Tea, which was yummy.

We drove back to the meeting point and met up with our friends. They were there before us, and after a few minutes we went into the cafe and had lunch. It was a cafe for people with small children. There were areas that were just for children, supervised by a staff member, and there were various toys and amusements around the rooms to keep little ones happy while their mums (usually, this is Japan after all) ate.

When we had finished lunch, we went to see the temple where our friends got married, then went back to the beach and took pictures and chatted. It was such a gorgeous day that I was happy to be outside.

We were all thirsty after all the chatting so went to the big mall in Niigata for a little while. Our friends did a little shopping..oh, so did I, and then we went for something to drink in a coffee shop. It was a nice time. They had to leave as their oldest son was getting a little antsy. He’d been good all day though so not surprising. We decided to stay on and have dinner.

F didn’t want to go to any of the restaurants that I wanted to go to, as he wasn’t very hungry, so I announced that I was going to go to Subway and he could shift for himself. Actually, it was an inspired idea as we ended up in a food court and I had Subway and he had ramen (for the second time of the day.) Mine was amazing. I had a roast beef sub…so darn good, and his wasn’t very good at all. If I smirk at that, you’ll know why! It was nice as we could order what we wanted and still sit together.

We drove home after we ate. It took a bit more than 2 hours, but we made good time and didn’t have any problems along the way. We had a quiet evening. I watched Grey’s Anatomy which was fun, and then F watched a bit of stuff.

Tomorrow I think I have a lesson in the evening, F has a meeting in the afternoon, but is most likely off work in the morning. I hope that goes well.

Anyway, that’s it for me. Have a good night.

No comments: