August 21, 2011

Sunday - Cloudy and cooler

A mostly good day.

We both slept in quite late this morning. I was very surprised that F was still in bed when I made a quick trip to the toilet this morning. I did set my alarm for 11, but didn’t get up. It was a bit later than that when I did.

F and I had a snuggle this morning and then went out for lunch. We went to Patio, a little cafe in the mall. I was going to order chicken, but they didn’t have any left. I wanted to tell them to go down to the grocery shop on the first floor and get some, but I didn’t. (This is one reason why I shouldn’t learn Japanese…I’d be able to say these things to people and I would!) I had pasta instead. I didn’t really want it as I wanted less carbs, but it couldn’t be helped.

After lunch we did a little shopping. F got himself a pair of fake Crocs in the mall and then we drove out to a shoe store and looked around. I looked at a lot of shoes and even tried on some, but I didn’t love any of them enough to buy them. I was hoping to get a new pair of runners or something to wear on holiday next month. Denied. F did find a pair that he liked so he bought them. I hope they work for him. He’s having a lot of foot problems at the moment.

We visited the nearby drugstore and got a few things. We hardly ever go there. The place is huge and about half of it now is a grocery store. They do sell a lot of shampoos and toiletries that are hard to find other places.

After this, we were both thirsty and despite getting drinks in the drugstore, decided to go for drinks somewhere. F thought he knew a place near the city’s library so we drove around looking for it. I’m not exactly sure why, but after 15 minutes of him tearing down narrow roads and then stopping suddenly and switching directions, I started to feel sick. He finally found the place, but I told him I didn’t want to go anymore. He drove around a bit more and then asked where I wanted to go. I told him to take me home. I honestly thought I was going to lose my lunch. We came home and I went into the bedroom, shut the door and had a nice long lie-down. I don’t think I fell asleep, I just needed the total quiet and stillness that I got.

I reappeared in the world a bit later and dinner was discussed and then forgotten. And then discussed. And then put off again. Finally, I was ready to go, but F wasn’t. He’d okayed a download for his computer and it was taking forever to go through. I think we had to wait about 20 minutes for it to finish everything.

We ended up at Grado where we had a decent meal. I had grilled chicken (finally) with cold consomme, appetisers, salad, tea and gelato. It was nice. F had ginger pork. He liked it but said it was salty.

We bought a few groceries and then came home. The rest of the night has been really quiet and mostly peaceful. F cooked some edamame and is doing another Postcrossing, without much interference from me. I’m blogging and surfing the web when I can.

That’s it really. An okay day. It was nice in that it was quiet, but I don’t really like getting sick when we drive around. F blames his car, I tend to blame the driver! Got to go. Night!

No comments: