July 15, 2011

Friday - Hot and sunny

A good day again. Yay!

I slept in this morning, on purpose. I needed more sleep and I got it so when I did get up this morning I felt quite good.

I had a quiet day at home for the most part. I had something nice happen though, I got a postcard in the mail today. A couple of weeks ago I joined Postcrossing.com and have sent out a few postcards. Today I received my first one and it was very cool. I had said on my profile that I collect black and white postcards of famous people. A woman sent me a postcard with a Japanese jazz musician on it and it is very cool. I’m having fun with Postcrossing and it gets me out of the apartment, even if it’s only for a few minutes!

During the day I caught the end of The Bodyguard. Every time I watch it, I really wish that Kev had let Whitney die! I just can’t get into that movie. Later on, I caught The Exorcist which was interesting. I’m glad it wasn’t on late at night, but it didn’t really scare me. There were a few gross scenes and I’m glad that the soup we had for dinner wasn’t pea soup, but meh! Maybe I just didn’t get the theology of the movie?

Fumihiko called me just after 5:15 to say he was finished work and to ask me to a festival at his work. I didn’t really want to go to be honest, but he promised me we could leave if I didn’t want to stay long. I took a quick shower and got dressed.

We drove over to his work place and they had a little matsuri for the children in the neighbourhood. It was quite sweet and very low key. At the end there were fireworks, which scares me a little as we don’t do fireworks in Canada like that. (You need to have a permit.) Still, it looked like the kids liked it and that’s what was important…that and that no one got hurt!

After the festival (we stayed to the end) we went to Mosburgers for some fries, onion rings and a couple of drinks. It was nice actually, and quite relaxing.

We came home and I got dinner started. It was mostly from the store stuff, carrot and pumpkin soup, salad, tofu, but I also fried up some basil chicken from the store. It was rather nice.

F did the dishes and I relaxed for a bit. Later on, I watched Glee and did some crochet, then watched Desperate Housewives and did some crochet. I’ve passed the hump, so to speak! I’m on the home stretch. A couple of hours solid work on the scarf and I think I can get it done. Yay. It’s really cute this time.

Anyway, that’s about it for me. I’m going to watch Supernatural soon, and then I’ll hopefully go to bed. I’m a tad tired with all the heat, so I’d like to be rested for tomorrow. Talk to you tomorrow night? Later!

No comments: