May 23, 2011

Monday - Cloudy and dark most of the day.

A good day. We drove to Koriyama in Fukushima yesterday and arrived on time. We didn’t have much trouble finding our hotel which was nice too. It wasn’t even as far as I thought from the hotel.

We met up with a couple of ladies from AFWJ and we had drinks in Tullys. Drinks and fine conversation, really. It was great for me to meet up with other foreign ladies, it is very rare for me to have the chance. They gave us a bit of advice on what to do in the city, so after they left, we did it!

We tried to go to the Planetarium, but they were closed for the evening. However, they did let us walk around for a few minutes and we got to see the view from the 23rd floor. Wow.

We headed off to find F’s izakaya. He’d planned to take me to a place he went before, two years ago. I was skeptical, but he found it and it wasn’t bad! It was one of a chain, and the food was quite good. We ate enough and then walked back to the station.

There, we did a little bit of shopping and then hit the hotel. We went out again to find a convenience store and then went to our room. We got the video on demand and watched 9 again. I liked it as much the second time. Then F took his bath and I surfed some of the VOD. I thought Sex and the City 2 might be on the system, but it was the first movie. I don’t really want to pay more money to see the second one, but if it was there, we’d already spent the money, know what I mean? Watched a few minutes of Killing Me Softly, which looked okay, but I wasn’t in the mood for that kind of film. When F came back out of the bathroom he put on Capitalism: A Love Story. It was a Michael Moore show and was about what I expected. Funny in places, but no real solutions just telling off the government. F kept asking me questions about the US government which I answered as best as I could, but I kept trying to remind him that “I’M CANADIAN” and don’t know the ins and outs of the US system!

I worked on my doily and got it finished. Yay! I have to darn in the ends and block it. It looks very nice. Picture will hopefully follow.

This morning we got up and had the hotel’s free breakfast. I’m glad I didn’t pay for it! F, on the other hand, was in his glory. Free rice balls, miso soup, bread and pickles.

We packed up our stuff and left the hotel. F drove back to the hospital and then a bit past it. He left me at a strip mall near the hospital and then headed back to see his doctor.

I did a little shopping, a little window shopping and then a bit of drinking and eating at a Doutors. I also wrote a letter while I was there! I thought that F would be about half an hour, an hour tops. When two hours rolled by without any call I started to get nervous. I had nursed my tea for so long that I was getting embarrassed, so I packed up my stuff and went and did more window shopping again. I spent some time looking at Japanese Crochet books…so gorgeous…and then, finally,he called. Two and a half hours after he left me! He wasn’t ready to meet me yet, but he was nearing the end.

About 30 minutes later, he met me and we went back downtown for lunch. We went to Afternoon Tea in a department store and had a very nice lunch. We both had pasta, and then dessert and iced tea. Yum.

After all of that, it was time to drive home. F did all the driving and he was a bit of a speed demon. Still, fast as he was going, there were people going even faster, so I guess it was okay? Not in my books, but I wasn’t driving now was I?

We arrived back in Tsuruoka around 7 and unloaded the car and then vegged for a bit. After that, we went out for our dinner. I suggested Coco Curry Ichiban so that’s where we headed off to. It was okay and we had a nice meal.

Our last stop before home was the grocery store for a quick shop. We got a few things and then came home.

And, that was it for us. It was a very very quiet evening really and we just enjoyed being home.

Tomorrow we’re both back to work. That’s it for me. Night.

2 comments:

JY69 said...

Sounded like a good trip!

Helen said...

It was actually!

Thanks for visiting :-)