December 14, 2010


Tuesday
- Clear in the early part of the day, rainy at night.

A good day.

I got up and watched the news this morning, followed by a bit of TV. It was all quite interesting.

I worked on and finished my latest Journal submission. A couple of the movies, well, one in particular is a bit out there, but it is a favourite, so what the hay. I sent it to the editor. Done!

I made lunch for myself then went on my merry way to work. I left a little early as I wanted to do some paperwork at the school. I started the heaters up and got to work. I did a bit of cleaning first and then I got out my financial books and did them up as far as I could. They aren’t completely done for this year, but other things will go through my accounts so I can’t do it yet.

I was all ready and waiting for my 6 pm student when she called to say that she couldn’t come again. However, she did ask if she could come by my school after my other class to drop off a book . Of course I didn’t mind.

My other class went well and we had a great discussion. We worked quite hard too. After that class I quickly cleaned up and waited for the other student. She came bearing gifts! She brought a winter gift for me and the book I had loaned her. I gave her another one in exchange. I told her that I hoped to see more of her in the next year.

After she left, I changed and called F. I invited him over for coffee. He came, which was really nice. He helped me put away my Christmas decorations. I took them down before he arrive, but F packed them away for me. Yay! I did dishes, unplugged most things in the school, and turned off the water.
F had wanted to go for soba and sushi tonight. I didn’t really because I want to stay away from anything that might upset my stomach. I told him I’d go to the place with him , but I probably wouldn’t have sushi. The place was closed so it was a moot point anyway.

We ended up going to Cocos for some fairly decent food. I had chicken with basil sauce and F had a nabe. He gave me part of his, which is not what I wanted. I didn’t mind tasting it, but I didn’t want a bowl of it.

We came home and watched So You Think You Can Dance. I did a ton of crocheting and found out that I hadn’t bought enough yarn. Sigh. The project is only about 5 or 6 inches short. I’ll have to go to the wool shop tomorrow to see if I can get the same dye lot. If not, I’ll have to pick another colour and stripe it. It’ll look cute but will be more work. SYTYCD was really good tonight. Almost all of the couples did really good work. I wouldn’t like to be a judge this week!

I watched Project Runway while I was reading blogs tonight. F is off work tomorrow and it’s always a crapshoot whether I can watch the things I’ve taped when he’s around.

Anyway, that’s it for me for today. I won’t update tomorrow night as I will hopefully get some sleep. If I can, I’ll update from the other side of the ocean, across the mountains and into the flatlands!

In case I don’t have the opportunity to blog later on, I wish all of my stalwart readers a Merry Christmas (or Happy Holidays if you prefer) and may 2011 be a fabulous year for you and yours.
Good night.

3 comments:

mama penguin said...

Have a safe and happy holiday back home. Hope F can survive without you! ;)

JY69 said...

And a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to you too! Hope to hear more from you in 2011 and/or as you say...in the flatlands...which means you're from the middle section of Canada? LOL...Just a haphazard guess there.

Helen said...

Thank you Mama Penguin! I'm trying to help F realize all the cool things he can do without me! All the natto he can eat, all the ramen he can have EVERYDAY! I think he'll be okay. We'll probably stay in touch by email.

JY, yep, I'm from Alberta, from the bit that's Prairie.

Thank you ladies for commenting! I appreciate it!