July 15, 2009 - Wednesday

Cloudy, with a bit of rain in the middle of the day.

Today was quite a good day. I roused myself enough to say goodbye to F as he left for work. I had slept very well last night. Yay.

I got up and discovered there wasn't any news on, so got on with my day. I showered and then did a quick bunch of things on the computer. Lunch followed, and then I left for work.

Thankfully there were no accidents on the way today. It was quite windy, but not rainy. I was so glad of that. I got to the school and did a quick set up, and cool down of the room and me!

My lesson went quite well and the student and I had a good chat. This student works really hard on her English and almost always brings a few prepared questions for me. I generally start laughing as soon as I see her take out her notebook. Today was asking me about the weather. She wondered how I liked the hot and humid weather. I'm an Albertan, so hot and humid is alien to me, even after all these years. We had a fun discussion about the weather.

After class, I did the paperwork, cleared up and set up for Thursday's class, then I read the newspaper and decided to head out. On the way home I stopped at the drugstore and also the ATMs near the grocery store to update my passbooks.

I came home and worked on my computer stuff for a bit, then Fumihiko came home too.

We hadn't planned to make anything for dinner, so decided to go out. We went to Edoichi. For the first time in a long time, I didn't make a total pig of myself and still felt quite human when I left. Often times I overeat there and am uncomfortable for the rest of the day.

We bought a few groceries at the store and then came home. At 11:10 we watched Desperate Housewives. That was fun. I spent most of the hour rolling my ball of cotton into a feeds from the middle ball. Much easier to work with. Then, I did a bit of crochet and actually started the new ball of yarn. So, I'm about halfway done now. Yay. I like the way it looks. The colour changes very nicely and looks like it's striped.

Anyway, that's about it for me. Tomorrow, I have one class in the evening, so I can have a quiet day at home. I'm thinking that laundry will be done. Or had better be done if I don't want the huge mound by my bed to avalanche and smother me while I'm sleeping!

Got to go, night.

No comments: