June 26, 2009 - Friday

Hot and sunny.

Although it happened June 25 in the US, I only heard about these events today so I'll mention them here. Today both Farrah Fawcett and Michael Jackson died.

I had heard that Farrah Fawcett was fighting cancer and it wasn't going well. I never really saw much of Charlie's Angels when it was on TV, we lived too far out of the city to pick up that channel. I remember her poster and her appearances on The Six Million Dollar Man with her then husband Lee Majors. She seemed like the typical All American Girl, and I had nothing in common with her!

Michael Jackson was a different story. I'd never really heard much of the Jackson Five when I was a child. A combo of travelling and living in a country under apartheid I think. When Michael started getting airplay, I was in my teens. I wasn't a big fan, until Thriller came out. Then, I was. One of my proudest moments was convincing my college's radio station manager that we needed a copy of Thriller in the station.

On with my day. It was quite boring really. I watched Re:Genesis and then the two episodes of Cold Case that were on today. I made myself a nice omelette and had some of an avocado for lunch. I headed off to the school, stopping at the drugstore on the way.

My student came and went. He was okay today, not great, but certainly not the worst he's ever been. I cleaned up and called F to pick me up afterwards.

We went out for soba after my class. I really wanted something cold. I couldn't handle anything hot for dinner. The apartment was up to 29 degrees today, my school was over 30 when I got there today, so really, just too darn hot for me.

We came home and I finally booked our trip to Canada. It was a little complicated because I'm staying longer than F so I couldn't book our tickets together. But, we're on the same plane going to Canada, and if I did everything right, should be sitting next to each other too.

That's about it. I watched an episode of Lost from the third season, but didn't really follow it. Too much between what I've seen and what I should know for this episode. Oh well.

And now, to bed. Night night.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I got lost in the "Lost" and then lost interest in ... "Hero's" as well....

I do like Samantha Who though. I have not completely digested about MJ and FF, FF was battling for a while and MJ-- he was grossly underweight, etc... man surgeries, still it is so sad.

Helen said...

I've never seen Samantha Who. I'll have to look out for it.

Thanks for stopping by!