March 19, 2009 - Thursday

Sunny and warm.

Today was a pretty good day. I got up, watched the news and drank my coffee while I munched on some toast. Yum.

After the news, I showered and then did some laundry. Finally. I also prepared tonight's dinner. I had a lot of veggies to prepare. I cut up the veggies, layered them in my slow cooker, put the chicken breasts on the top and then poured some chicken stock over it all. I set it to low and left the slow cooker to do its magic.

I headed off to work around 5 tonight. It's wonderful how light it is now. I made a run through the drugstore to get some hand soap for our kitchen, some sweetener for me and a few other things before getting to my school.

I had stopped by last night to set the heater, but it was quite warm in there. I ended up turning off the heater, and didn't use it in my classroom all night!

My lessons went fairly well. I had to check over the first one as I hadn't quite done that on Tuesday. (I had planned to do that on Wednesday, but the Wednesday student cancelled just before I left the school on Tuesday.) I also read a little bit of the paper. My first students were late, but when they came we had a good time. We did quite a bit too, which is good.

My second lesson also went well. My student told me that she had ordered some of the same tea that I have in my school for herself. It's Stash tea, which I picked up when I was in Canada last year. It is good. I don't usually drink the herbal teas, which are the popular teas in my school, but I love their other ones.

After class I cleared up, and called Fumihiko. He came to get me and we came home.

I went into dinner mode right away. I set the table, and Fumihiko made coffee for us. I dished up dinner and made a sort of gravy for the chicken. It was pretty good, but Fumihiko didn't eat everything. His back was bad and I think he just wasn't feeling like eating. Poor thing. I gave him a break from the dishes and told him to go and take a bath.

I watched X-Files The Movie, the one from a few years ago. I had seen it before, but it was cool to watch it again. That was one of my biggest regrets coming over here. I didn't get to see the rest of the series. I was fanatical about it.

And that's about it for my day. Fumihiko is snoozing on the couch. I think he's waiting/hoping that I'll go to bed soon. Tomorrow is a national holiday so we get to sleep in and relax. He won't sleep in though, he never does! I believe that he will take his mother to the temple to visit his father's grave though.

Gotta run. Night!

No comments: