June 26, 2008 - Thursday

Overcast and a bit hot.

Today was a good day. I had high hopes of doing laundry today, but only remembered that I was supposed to do it when I read Dear Abby's column! Oops. I'd enjoyed my day up until then. I'd watched an Agatha Christie, Damages from last night, had lots of coffee and a shower.

I didn't do all of the laundry, but I did a couple of loads, so I felt better. The mound in my basket has gone down quite a bit.

Today's lunch was last night's leftover spaghetti with the addition of another egg, more olive oil and more sun-dried tomato paste. It was great. I headed out for the school around 5 pm tonight, made a stop in the drugstore to get some stuff and then hit the school.

Most of my stuff was ready, so I worked on making a bit of homework for the students. They'll be absent next week, so I want them to do something in English while they're gone. Then I prepped some other stuff for other classes. I looked at the clock at one point and it was 20 minutes before class. Panic. The first class almost always comes early, and once came 20 minutes early. I did all the pre-class grooming things that I do and waited for them. I thought I heard children outside. Not them. I thought that maybe their mum parked in my parking space, or couldn't if someone was there. I grabbed my cellphone and walked down to the carpark. They weren't there, but, when I turned around, I saw them arrive. Whew! They were 10 minutes late though! They'd been held up with their mum's work.

We had a good class, even though it was a bit shorter than usual, and then my next class went well too.

After classes finished I cleaned up, got stuff ready for my first class tomorrow, and then called my husband. He came to get me and we went to M's Dining. I had chicken with pepper sauce, which was nice, and he had curry. I guess since I don't make it at home he needs to eat it when we're out?

We came home and had a mostly quiet evening at home. The only thing was that at 1 am, my husband broke a glass. Now, honestly, I don't care about the glass. We bought some last year because he broke a bunch, so we're not desperate for glasses. However, he grabbed the vacuum and wanted to start vacuuming the floor. Sigh. The windows were all wide open. We live in a building with families and I'm sure they were all sleeping. I made him close windows before I'd let him vacuum. He was a little angry with me, but I think that my husband is very noisy and doesn't care if he disturbs other people or not. Actually, that may be a Japanese trait, as I've noticed it with other people. A lot of other people.

Anyway, he finally went off to bed and I set up the coffee pot for the morning and set out the plastic garbage for the morning.

Tomorrow, I may do my laundry, or I may not. Wish me luck! Night night.

No comments: